1. It rained in California this week. So when it rains in California,
we all bust out the super cute rain gear and drive like we’ve never been behind the wheel before.
One thing I enjoyed doing was taking Cash to Pretend City.
It’s an indoor play place that has a whole “city” for kids to explore. Cash loved playing in the little Trader Joe’s and at the Firestation.
2. I’ve spoken about my journey with anxiety and since then I have had a lot of people reach out asking for advice. One thing that has really been a game changer for me is this Garden of Life Mood + Probiotic; I literally recommend it to everyone because it’s all natural and it works! I found this amazing product at Sprouts about 4 months ago and since the day I started taking it, I have only had 1 anxiety attack. I swear, this stuff has changed my life.
3. My mom is in town visiting from Colorado.
So as I write this, she took Cash to the playground to get some of his energy out. It’s always so much
easier to write when I’m not hearing, “MOM MOM MOM MOM” between every single thought! She also dropped some big news on me…
If you didn’t know, I was adopted at birth, so when I talk about my mom, she’s technically my adoptive mom. She’s the amazing woman who raised me. The big news she dropped on me was that my birth mom is going to be in Southern California…NEXT WEEK…and wants to get together. I legit don’t know how to feel about it. I’m excited, I’m nervous, I have no idea what we’ll talk about, I have no idea what we’ll do, etc. It’s most shocking that it’s literally 7 days from today.
4. I got to tour a brand new HomeGoods store. As a blogger, model, social media personality; my parents literally have no idea what I do for a living. So when I got the invite to tour the new HomeGoods as press/media, I definitely wanted to bring my mom. She’s a huge HomeGoods fan already so letting her see what I do on a regular basis was entertaining. We got to walk through a perfectly organized store, have lunch and shop.
5. On our date night this week, Trav and I went for Pho and a movie. It’s our standard date night plan. We saw Game Night with Rachel McAdams and Jason Bateman. I definitely recommend going to see it, it had us laughing so hard!! I am also super inspired to get a group of friends together for a weekly game night. That’s pretty much the level of fun I can handle these days. I have officially said goodbye to “going out” for fun, I just can’t relate to the atmosphere of bars, clubs, mingling, etc.
What I’m Looking Forward to Next Week…
- Meeting my birth mom
- Getting back to working out (I didn’t get one workout in this week!)