I just took Cash on his first camping trip. I grew up camping with my family down at San Clemente State Beach so it was really fun to plan a camping trip of my own. One thing I learned from this experience is that camping with kids is next level. It takes a little more preparation and thought and for that I give my parents mad props. Here are my camping hacks and how to make camping with kids a whole lot easier.
Check out the YouTube video here
Here’s the most amazing Mac N’ Cheese recipe as mentioned in the video
- 1 1/2 boxes of macaroni shells
- 1 1/2 jars of alfredo sauce
- 1C whole milk
- 2C shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 2C shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1C parmesan cheese
- Garlic Salt to taste
- Aluminum tins safe for BBQ-ing
- Aluminum Foil
- Cook the macaroni shells, remove from heat
- In a large bowl, mix in the alfredo sauce, cooked shells, shredded cheeses, milk, and garlic salt.
- Make sure the mixture is fully mixed but that the cheese isn’t completely melted
- Coat tins with either butter or PAM and evenly fill with macaroni and cheese mixture
- Cover with foil and keep cool in the ice chest. When you’re ready to cook, place over the fire or grill until warm and all the cheese is melted.
Here’s the Omelette In a Bag recipe as mentioned in the video
What you’ll need
- Ziplock brand sandwich baggies
- Omelette Ingredients (I used mild cheddar cheese, pinto beans, cooked sausage, cooked bacon, sauteed onions, and salt/pepper)
What to do:
- Label the baggies with each person’s name
- Place 1 egg in each baggie
- Add extra ingredients
- Make sure the bag is completely sealed
- Keep refrigerated/over ice until ready to use
- When ready to cook, place in warm to boiling water until fully cooked. Open the baggie and the egg should slide right out!