As the first guest blogger on my website, I knew the most perfect blog would be something about cupcakes and man, my girl Chelsey Rose crushed it with this delicious paleo recipe. Make sure to give her a warm CupKate welcome — and by that I mean lots of comments, shares, and follows!
Ohhhhh yes ladies, I went there.
This shouldn’t be surprising to anyone but, this whole cupcake thing happened thanks to a trip to Marshall’s haha. DAMN that place get me EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
I went to get a birthday gift for my friend and then I walked by these insanely cute cupcake decorations that were like $3.99 so obviously I had to get those AND THEN it all clicked.
…”I will make her CUPCAKES for her birthday too! We’ll say they’re SUMMER THEMED…”
Haha so then I had to begin the dig into Pinterest to see if there was anything healthy because if ya girl is going to take cupcakes to someone’s house, they’re going to be the healthiest version possible.
With that said, I can’t take credit for this recipe but I can thank #PALEORUNNINGMOMMA for creating it!
Honestly – when it comes to me finding recipes on Pinterest, I look for 2 things.
1. The picture has to be appealing. I’m a visual person so that’s a MUST.
2. I have to be certain that I have at least 80% of the ingredients already at my house. Because I HATE going to the grocery store and getting 5 million things just to make one thing so that’s not happening.
I ALLLMOST didn’t go with this recipe because I needed to soak the cashews for four hours which was annoying because I wanted to start the cupcakes ASAP, but, I decided that while they were soaking that I would clean up the house and get other work done so, it worked out and I’m SO glad I made them.
Before we jump into the recipe I would just like to proudly say that these cupcakes were actually a hit which I was nervous about because obviously it was my first time making them.
I feel like these are cute for any Summer Party but of course if you just change the decorations, you can use them for Fourth of July, or a birthday or whatever..
Ingredients for Paleo Cupcakes:
+ 1 TBSP Beet Powder
+ 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
+ 4 Large Eggs
+ 1 TSP Baking Powder
+ 1/3 Cup Cacao
+ 1 Batch Coconut Cashew Frosting (See below for ingredients)
+ 2/3 Cup Coconut Flour
+ 1 Cup Coconut Sugar
+ 1/8 TSP Salt
+1/3 Cup Tapioca Flour
+ 2 TSP Vanilla Extract
+ 1 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar
+ 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil, Organic
+ 1/2 Cup Coconut
+ 2 TBSP water
How to Make the Paleo Cupcakes:
PREP TIME: 10 MINS
COOK TIME: 20 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 30 MINS
(Prep time does not include the time to make the frosting. Remember for that you’ll want to leave 4 hours to soak the cashews).
- Preheat your oven to 350 – line a 12 cup muffin pan with some cut ass liners.
- Beat together EGGS, COCONUT SUGAR, ALMOND MILK, COCONUT OIL, VANILA & APPLE CIDER until combined.
- Combine dry ingredients in a completely separate bowl, then add to wet ingredients and mix until it’s just combined. Don’t over mix.
- Fill up the 12 cupcake liners evenly to just about the top, since they won’t rise much.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until centers are set and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 2 minutes then carefully transfer to a cool wire rack to cool completely before you add the CASHEW FROSTING!
Ingredients for the Cashew Frosting:
+ 1 1/2 Cups Raw Cashews SOAKED in filtered water for at least 4 hours, drained, rinsed, and gently dried.
+ 2/3 Coconut Cream Chilled
+ 2.5 TBSP fresh Lemon Juice
+ 2 TBSP Coconut Oil, SOLID
+ 2 TSP Pure Vanilla Extract
+ 4-6 TBSP Raw Honey or Pure Maple Syrup for a vegan option.
+ Large Pinch of Fine Grain Sea Salt
How to Make The Cashew Frosting:
- Blend Cashews on high until a paste forms, then scrape the sides.
- Add remaining ingredients and continue to blend on high for 3-5 minutes until the mixture is creamy.
- Makes enough frosting for 12 cupcakes! You can store any extra frosting in the fridge, covered, for up to one week.