As per usual, #CupKate was in charge of bringing desserts for the Ansari Mother’s Day potluck. I love getting together with my family. We all live in Orange County and have a very laid back vibe. Mimosas were drank and quiche’s were made. No need for fancy planning, we just love each other’s company.
For my family in particular, we graze on food all day long and being in charge of desserts, I wanted to keep with that tradition. I wanted a fruity dessert that would be light and easy to pick at because let’s be honest, running after kiddos holding a piece of pie sounds like a disaster.
There’s not much to this no bake recipe just a quick pile on of yummy ingredients.
Here’s what you’ll need…
- 6 small/medium Granny Smith apples, sliced
- 1 cup of chopped pecans
- 1 cup of Nutella (I actually skimped a little on cost and got Target’s brand of “hazelnut spread”)
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. I personally love the kind from Trader Joe’s
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes. I also found these at Trader Joe’s.
Here’s how to make it…
- Throw sliced apples into serving dish
- Heat up Nutella in 10 second increments, drizzle on apples
- Sprinkle on pecans
- Sprinkle on chocolate chips
- Sprinkle on coconut flakes
- Voila! Enjoy!!!