Breakfast is by far my favorite meal of the day. I always wondered why breakfast dates aren’t a more common thing. Keep your dinner foods, I could eat waffles, omelets, pancakes, toast all day long. This ham and cheese egg scramble recipe is one of my all time favorites.
I really like egg scrambles because they are great for wiping out ingredients in the fridge that aren’t being used. Just chop up some fresh produce, lean meats, and scramble with eggs. YUM!!
Scrambles are also a really great source of protein. The average person should be getting 1 gram of protein for every pound they weigh. It’s good to get a lot of protein in the morning because protein is slowly digested which means you will feel fuller longer. Eating breakfast every morning is essential for speeding up the body’s metabolism and burning unwanted fat.
This particular recipe serves 2. I guess that’s what happens when you move in with someone…their stomach becomes yours to feed!!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 5 eggs
- 1 Cup of fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup of chopped tomatoes
- 2 pieces of whole wheat toast (optional)
- Garlic Salt
- Cracked Pepper
- Optional: shredded cheddar cheese
Here’s what you do:
- Coat a medium sized sauce pan with cooking spray (I use coconut oil spray) and turn on medium-high. Add the ham so it browns a little.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, separate the eggs so you only use 2 whole eggs and 3 egg whites. Whisk and add a little salt and pepper.
- Add egg mixture to ham and let cook without stirring.
- Add tomatoes and let cook without stirring
- Once the eggs look like they are fully cooked on the bottom, start scrambling. Don’t over scramble!
- Optional: top with a little cheddar cheese once it’s on the plate.
Is there something you’d like to see on my blog? Leave me a comment and I’ll make it happen!